Bandage Thots™ are the kind words you can say to yourself when the BooBoo Thots come.
Just like when you get a booboo on your knee, you use a bandage. When you have a BooBoo Thot, you can put a Bandage Thot on it to make you feel better.
- When I practice I can do most things
- No one is perfect. I don’t have to be either.
- I lose sometimes and so does everyone else. That’s the way it is with games. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
- Some work is easy, some work is hard. Doing your best makes you a good, smart learner.
- When I don’t get what I want, it helps when I remind myself that most of the time I get what I need.
- I may be too little to so some things, but I am really good at riding my bike.
- I’m not dumb. No one can answer every question correctly.
- Breathing deep helps you to cool down.
- Crying is okay. It is my brain’s way of saying “I hurt.”
- Everyone is good at something. No one is good at everything.
- Feeling afraid is hard. Tell a friend or grown up. It feels good to let someone help.
- Angry feelings can be hard to handle. Let a grownup help you to use your words.
- Everyone is different in some ways and the same in others. Everyone is special.
- It’s okay to be different. Like colors in a rainbow or flowers in a garden, it’s the differences that make the world more beautiful.
- Everyone feels afraid sometimes. It’s very brave to ask for help.
- Everyone feels frustrated at times. Just stop, breathe and think.
- Making friends can sometimes be hard. Start by doing or saying something nice to someone else.
- Making friends starts with being a good friend.
- Sometimes friends get along, sometimes, they don’t.
- When our feelings hurt, it’s good to know how to hug ourselves.
- Everyone has to play alone sometimes.
- No one wants to share all the time. Sometimes it’s okay to want your toys all to yourself.
- When your feelings hurt, it’s good to know how to give yourself a hug.